Sunday, August 28, 2011

Speedwell Scholarship Lunchen

In 11 days I leave for Germany. Before hand I had the opportunity to meet not only the Messners of the Speedwell Foundation ,but also the president of AFS. It was great to see that I wasn't the only one who hasn't started packing and just to laugh and talk with people who are going through exactly what I'm going through.
Still scared to death but now I'm a lot more excited. I haven't even left yet and I'm all ready planning all the other places I want to go.
There are 8 scholarship recipients going to Germany so that is nice. Its helpful to know that when I get to Dulles I'm not completely alone.
Its true what they say about AFS. Once you enter you step into a family. You step into a world of people who are so much like you and you begin to make friendships. I know that I am only starting this journey.
I have such a amazing opportunity.
Senior Year here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment